My husband was in Qingdao on a business trip .I decided to visit him on last weakened and enjoy the beach .It is just 50 mins flight from Beijing. Although it was very cold and temperature was below freezing point, but the bright sunshine made it look gorgeous. It is a beautiful seaview city located in Shandong province of China. It was occupied by the Germans so it still had strong German influence on its architecture. It is not flatland as in Beiing and the landscape is undualating with steep roads. Qingdao is also official host of the sailing events of the 2008 Summer Olympics. So the city is gearing up to hold the sports event of International fame. Qingdao is very famous for the Tsingtao brewery bulit by the Germans ,so every year in August it hosts the International beer festival . My husband had booked a nice hotel which had splendid views of the yellow sea. It was around 45 mins drive from the airport.
The downtown had nice malls and some good resturants. We had lunch in a very nice cosy Italian restaurant named Napoli. The chef was from Italy and he was the owner of the resturant so the food was very authentic. We also dinned in a very famous seafood restaurant of Qingdao. They had so many varieties of dishes to offer with plenty of fresh seafood to choose from.
Although I am not a fan of seafood except for shrimps but the clams and the cuttlefish cooked in the spicy Sichuan sauce was enough to tickle my taste buds. The weekened was blessed with lots of sunshine but there was heavy snowfall on Monday morning so my flight to Beijing was delayed. Luckily I had packed some left over pizza slices which was really boon as I had to spent long hours in the airport lounge.
Although it was very short and crisp trip but I really enjoyed strolling on beach with my husband while Rohan was building sand castles.
I really think you have a hidden talent here. I am delighted and so very happy to read your comments and how succintly and beautifully you have described your holidays.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work and please make this hobby of yours your profession.