Long time back I had first tried pumpkin soup in a buffet.I was so fascinated by the taste I googled and found various way of making this warm soup. Infact it is so easy that I always make it when ever possible. I make this healthy soup by adding milk instead of cream . Since I have started making it at home I hardly order this at the restrurant may be because I have started relishing my home made fresh soup
I had some fresh cream , so I couldn’t resist adding a spoon to the soup . Believe me it was great taste.
Ingredients
2 cups large pumpkin chunks with skin
½ cup diced large potato chunks
2 tbslp of chopped onions
1tbslp minced garlic
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ cup milk
1tbslp olive oil
1tbslp cream ( optional)
½ tsp dreid or fresh parlsey ( optinal)
Method
Boil pumpkin and potatoes. Drain the water carefully so that pumpkin and potatos are not mixed up.
Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and onions ,fry till it is reddish brown. Add boiled pumpkin and potatoes.Sauté for 5 to 6 mins on medium fire.
Puree the sauté pumpkin and potato mix to smooth paste using the left over boiled water.
Pour the puree in a sauce pan and cook on medium fire for 5 mins. Finally add milk stir it on a low fire. Care should be taken not to boil the soup after adding milk because there are chances of milk being curdling up. Add ground nutmeg and cinnamon.
Seasoned it with salt and pepper and garnish it with cream and parsley( optional)
I had some fresh cream , so I couldn’t resist adding a spoon to the soup . Believe me it was great taste.
Ingredients
2 cups large pumpkin chunks with skin
½ cup diced large potato chunks
2 tbslp of chopped onions
1tbslp minced garlic
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ cup milk
1tbslp olive oil
1tbslp cream ( optional)
½ tsp dreid or fresh parlsey ( optinal)
Method
Boil pumpkin and potatoes. Drain the water carefully so that pumpkin and potatos are not mixed up.
Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and onions ,fry till it is reddish brown. Add boiled pumpkin and potatoes.Sauté for 5 to 6 mins on medium fire.
Puree the sauté pumpkin and potato mix to smooth paste using the left over boiled water.
Pour the puree in a sauce pan and cook on medium fire for 5 mins. Finally add milk stir it on a low fire. Care should be taken not to boil the soup after adding milk because there are chances of milk being curdling up. Add ground nutmeg and cinnamon.
Seasoned it with salt and pepper and garnish it with cream and parsley( optional)
The color of the soup looks very appetizing... This must be really good to taste.. Keep up the good work..
ReplyDelete