▼

Stuffed mushroom- all time hit


This recipe has been all time hit with my friends. We had once vegetarian guests at our place, so I thought of having something special for them apart from paneer (cottage cheese). I had made Soya kebabs (refer to my Soya kebabs) and also these stuffed mushrooms for the starter.

I had couple of magazines from India, one of the magazine was the Good housekeeping (http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/) of Indian version that had this wonderful starter recipe.

I done it many a times. The original recipe had called for parsley since I always find coriander more handy in my kitchen so I have substituted coriander instead of parsley.
Ingredients

12 to 15 Big button Mushrooms
1 big onion chopped finely
2 tbslp of garlic minced
¾ cup bread crumbs
½ coriander leaves chopped
½ pistachios nuts roughly chopped
salt to taste
2tbslp of butter

Method

Wash and dry the mushrooms. Carefully remove the stems and chop them finely.

Heat butter in a pan. Add garlic and chopped onions. Sauté till the onions are translucent.

Add the chopped mushrooms stems. Just in case if u finds the stems are not too big and enough. Chop few more whole mushrooms.

Sauté for couple of mins and add breadcrumbs. Switch off the stove and add chopped Pista nuts and coriander. Season it with salt and pepper.

Brush the mushroom with butter and stuff the prepared mix.

Preheat the oven at 200'C and grease the baking tray or line it with a butter paper.

Arrange the mushrooms and bake it for 25 mins.



Serve hot.

Make the stuffing ahead of time and store in the fridge. Stuff and bake it just before serving.

If u have any queries. please mail me at shivsm@yahoo.com

5 comments:

  1. yummy stuffed mushroom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i love stuffed mushrooms

    ReplyDelete
  3. pistachios??! that's interesting:) will try it some time...thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey hi!! one more oriya food blogger...can,t tell you how happy I am to find you.bahut bhala lagila ...i am going to add you to my blog roll.:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW it looks really tempting. Never tried this one before. Bookmarked it. Nice recipe.

    ReplyDelete